Tuesday 27 July 2010

Saturday days.

Reading.
I've taken over 2 months to finish Patti Smith's 'Just Kids'. Not because it was hard to read but because I would only allow myself 1 or 2 pages a day! I just didn't want to finish it. Such a beautiful account of her love and friendship with Richard Maplethorpe. A must read for all.
Then Sam found this Patti Smith poetry book with each poem written in both english and swedish. The perfect answer to further my Swedish studies and a Saturday afternoon.

1st fire of the year! It's been HOT here but Saturday it was torrential rain. Great excuse for a fire!
We visited Sweden'd biggest car boot sale and found this old box dating from 1806. 200 years old!
It was used to measure grain back in the day.

A late night playlist of mainly blues country rock.

L.A Freeway - Guy Clark
Burning Of The Midnight Lamp - Mercury Rev.
Kowalski - Primal scream.
Piece Of My Heart - Janis Joplin.
Tiny Dancer - Elton John
Way Down In The Hole - Tom Waits
Days Like This - Van Morrison
Black Magic Women - Fleetwood Mac
Need your Love So Bad - Fleetwood Mac
When Doves Cry - Prince
I'd Rather Write a Symphony - Ted Gärdestad
Don't Give up - Willie Nelson
To Build a Home - Cinematic Orchestra
Angel - Jimi Hendrix
Proud Mary - Tina Turner
Wild Horse - The Rolling Stones
Moonlight Mile - The RollingStones

july25th (Check it out on Spotify)



and finally a Swedish whiskey - trust me it's as good as a Scottish single malt!


No comments:

Post a Comment